To carry out experimentation using membrane separation technologies, Sepra offers MEMBRATEST HP, a plant which allows to test a wide range of spiral wound element membranes in the entire process separation spectrum (microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis).
The system contains all the necessary elements for operation and only needs to be connected to a production line where the liquid needing treatment is available. It can also be connected to a supply tank filled with the required volume of solution (usually 10-100 liters).
MEMBRATEST HP is highly flexible and allows to verify the performance of various membrane types with limited use of resources (time and costs). With MEMBRATEST HP, excellent results regarding the efficacy of the separation process (rejection data) are obtained. In addition, data regarding the permeability of the membrane, the evolution of fouling and the cleaning modes can be obtained.
MEMBRATEST HP is completely manufactured in AISI316, with the only exceptions being the flow meters and the permeate tube. These are made from polymers highly resistant to temperature and acidic/basic cleaning cycles. There is an option to order the entire system in AISI316, with sanitary standard fittings for particular applications.
A researcher that uses MEMBRATEST HP can evaluate the feasibility of a process and determine a forecast of costs, investment and working environment of a possible industrial plant, adjusting the configuration by alternating:
- Spiral wound element of dimension 1,8”x12”.
Assembly of the standard MEMBRATEST HP:
- Centrifugal pump in AISI316, frontloading
- Filter port container in AISI316 for polypropylene fiber cartridges (available in various porosities: 1-3-5-10-20-50µm)
- Volumetric piston pump in AISI316 with max operating pressure of 70 bar to feed the high pressure section, integrated with controls to allow functioning with different membranes.
- Housing in AISI316 for (1) spiral wound element membrane of dimensions 12”, can contain various elements for different filtration processes (MF/UF/NF/RO), materials and manufacturing
- Heat exchanger for temperature control
- Flow meters for concentrate and permeate, membrane entry and exit pressure gauges.
- Connection piping in AISI316, including manual adjustment valves with industrial fittings
- Support frame in AISI304
- Distribution board to control alarms, manage installed components and security locks
- Sample holds for spiral wound elements (suggested by our technicians depending on specific application)
SEPRA offers optional fittings and personalised versions with solutions capable of suiting specific project needs.
- Supply tank in polyethylene or stainless steel of volume 100 liters
- Special pumps
- Sanitary standard fittings for application in food/pharmaceutical industry
- Measuring devices
Buy on Filter and Membrane