To carry out experimentation using membrane separation technologies in low pressures processes, Sepra offers MEMBRATEST LP, a plant which allows to test a wide range of membranes in the entire low pressure separation process spectrum (microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration).
The system contains all the necessary elements for operation and only needs to be connected to a production line where the liquid needing treatment is available. It can also be connected to a supply tank filled with the required volume of solution (usually 5-20 liters).
MEMBRATEST LP is highly flexible and allows to verify the performance of various membrane types with limited use of resources (time and costs). With MEMBRATEST LP excellent results regarding the efficacy of the separation process (rejection data) are obtained. In addition, data regarding the permeability of the membrane, the evolution of fouling and the cleaning modes can be obtained.
MEMBRATEST LP is completely manufactured in AISI316 steel with the only exceptions being the flow meters and permeate tube. These are made from polymers highly resistant to temperature and acidic/basic cleaning cycles. There is an option to order the entire system in AISI316 steel, with sanitary standard fittings for particular applications.
A researcher who uses MEMBRATEST LP can evaluate the feasibility of a process and determine a forecast of costs, investment and working environment of a possible industrial plant by alternating various membrane configurations including:
- Tubular ceramic membranes of dimension 10x250 mm;
- Hollow fiber membrane of dimension 24x300 mm.
Assembly of the MEMBRATEST LP standard
- Centrifugal pump in AISI316 steel, to feed the medium pressure section, integrated with controls to allow functioning with different membranes
- Filter port container in AISI316 steel for polypropylene fiber cartridges (available in various porosities: 1-3-5-10-20-50µm)
- Housing in AISI316 steel for (1) tubular ceramic membrane of length 250 mm, can contain various elements for different filtration purposes (MF/UF)
- Support for hollow fiber membranes of length 300 mm.
- Flow meters for concentrate and permeate, membrane entry and exit pressure gauges.
- Connection piping in AISI316, including manual adjustment valves with industrial fittings
- Support frame in AISI304
- Distribution board to control alarms, management of installed components and security locks
- Sample holds for ceramic membranes (suggested by our technicians depending on specific application)
SEPRA offers optional fittings and personalised versions with solutions capable of suiting specific project needs.
- Supply tank in polyethylene or stainless steel of volume 50 liters
- Heat exchanger for temperature control
- Special pumps
- Sanitary standard fittings for application in food/pharmaceutical industry
- Measuring devices