To carry out experimentation using membrane separation technologies with maximum flexibility, Sepra offers MEMBRATEST PLUS, a plant which allows to test a wide range of membranes. This equipment allows to alternate ceramic and polymer membranes within the same plant in the entire separation process spectrum (microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis).
The system contains all the necessary elements for operation and only needs to be connected to a production line where the liquid which needs treatment is available. It can also be connected to a supply tank filled with the required volume of solution (usually 10-100 liters).
MEMBRATEST PLUS is highly flexible and allows to verify the performance of various membrane types with limited use of resources (time and costs). With MEMBRATEST PLUS, excellent results regarding the efficacy of the separation process (rejection data) are obtained. In addition, data regarding the permeability of the membrane, the evolution of fouling and the cleaning modes can be obtained.
MEMBRATEST PLUS is completely manufactured in AISI316 with the only exceptions being the flow meters and the permeate tube. These are made from polymers highly resistant to temperature and acidic/basic cleaning cycles. There is an option to order the entire system in AISI316, with sanitary standard fittings for particular applications.
A researcher who uses MEMBRATEST PLUS can evaluate the feasibility of a process and determine a forecast of costs, investment and working environment of a possible industrial plant by alternating various membrane types. It is possible to use various elements including:
- Spiral wound element of dimension 1,8”x12”;
- Tubular ceramic membranes of dimension 10x250 mm;
- Hollow fiber membrane of dimension 24x300 mm.
Assembly of the MEMBRATEST PLUS standard:
- Centrifugal pump in AISI316, to feed the medium pressure section, integrated with controls to allow functioning with different membranes.
- Filter port container in AISI316 for polypropylene fiber cartridges (available in various porosities: 1-3-5-10-20-50µm)
- Volumetric piston pump in AISI316 with max operating pressure of 70 bar to feed the high pressure section, integrated with controls to allow functioning with different membranes.
- Housing in AISI316 for (1) tubular ceramic membrane of length 250 mm, can contain various elements for different filtration purposes (MF/UF)
- Support for hollow fiber membranes of length 300 mm.
- Housing in AISI316 for (1) spiral wound element membrane of dimensions 12”, can contain various elements for different filtration processes (MF/UF/NF/RO), materials and manufacturing
- Heat exchanger for temperature control
- Flow meters for concentrate and permeate, membrane entry and exit pressure gauges.
- Connection piping in AISI316, including manual adjustment valves with industrial fittings
- Support frame in AISI304
- Distribution board to control alarms, management of installed components and security locks
- Sample holds for spiral wound elements (suggested by our technicians depending on specific application)
- Sample holds for ceramic membranes (suggested by our technicians depending on specific application)
SEPRA offers optional fittings and personalised versions with solutions capable of suiting specific project needs.
- Supply tank in polyethylene or stainless steel of volume 100 liters
- Special pumps
- Sanitary standard fittings for application in food/pharmaceutical industry
- Measuring devices