Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries face staggering challenges today. New product development must be executed faster, cheaper and better than ever before. How can the BioPharm professional accelerate candidate product screening, and improve scale-up, to establish ever-more reliable, validated production systems? Membrane separation technology is the right answer. Sepra have many experience in biopharma area in particular in "fermentation broths". These broths are aqueous solutions stocking in special containers called fermenters where the microorganisms are present in aqueous dispersion.
The microorganisms are used to produce drugs, active substances, antibiotics, enzymes, or widely used various types of polymers in cosmetic, pharmaceutical or food.
When these results is obtained you have a viscous and turbid liquid mass, Sepra is able to propose solutions to separate component of this mass (the broth clarification) without denaturation of proteins:
- filtrate, which is constituted of purified enzymes, proteins, antibiotics
- concentrate, which contains inhibitor, cells, suspended solids and macromoleculars
Sometimes Biotech, Pharma or Nutraceutical Lab need a particular treatment, we are able to give them a solution using membrane separation technology for
- Biomass recovery
- Separations between microorganisms and culture medium or active ingredients
- Continuous fermentation by the elimination of growth inhibitors or metabolites
- Separate and concentrate drugs, fine chemicals and heat sensitive compounds
- Purify drugs and fine chemicals
- Recover non-reacted components
- Recover solvents
Ask for information On: Nutraceutical, Biotech and BioPharma Industry