The separation of particular compounds within a solution derived from an industrial process and the concentration or clarification of solutions can be facilitated by the use of new technologies, such as membrane cross-flow filtration systems, which allow to obtain excellent results with reduced working time and low cost.
When a new membrane filtration application is developed on special fluids, a feasibility study supported by pilot testing may be required required; SEPRA conducts such test with qualified technicians, capable of organizing and handling critical test phases.
Preliminary laboratory testing.
We provide a complete support service for the preliminary feasibility evaluation of innovative processes with laboratory batch tests to define:
- qualitative assessment of fluid products, with return of separate samples at the end of test
- preliminary choice of the membrane
- chemical compatibility evaluation
- evaluation of operating parameters
- indicative scale-up
Industrial field testing.
We make available a wide range of pilot plants with different types of membrane, for batch (min. 30-40 liters) or continuos field tests; these test allow the final evaluation of the process:
- quantitative evaluation and economic definition of the industrial process
- establishment of fouling indices and prediction of membrane life
- setting up cleaning cycles
- final scale-up
Pilot plants can be rented with the inclusion of technical assistance for installation, start up and operator training.